Steam-belching iron horses roar across the wild plains! Age of Steam relives the era when pioneering U.S. railroads built the tracks that transformed America’s economy. Each self-contained phase in the game keeps players constantly involved in making vital decisions and interacting with other players. You are challenged to:
- Finance both the most extensive track network and the most powerful locomotives
- Determine which routes will give the best returns on their costs
- Beat the opposition to the most lucrative shipments
- Make enough money to pay your aggressive creditors
Age of Steam has been the top-rated train game on BGG for most of the years since it first appeared in 2002. But change is inevitable, and now, nearly 20 years later….
Eagle-Gryphon Games is proud to present Age of Steam: Deluxe Edition!
- Six maps are included on 3 double-sided game boards
- Mini-sized (22mm) poker chips have replaced paper money
- Classic wooden Track Ownership disks in 6 new player colors replace plastic trains, but cool, small (18mm) wooden trains are available as an inexpensive upgrade
- A PVC insert with a clear plastic cover has been added for convenient and clear storage of all components
- A huge, heavy-duty box is supplied to carry the weight of potentially 10 map boards, 3 new supply boards, 90 poker chips, 144 tiles, and the other new components (see below). This box is a bit bigger and heavier than those we use for the Vital Lacerda games of Lisboa, Gallerist and Vinhos!
- The new MSRP of this game will be $90, but you can pledge for it during this Kickstarter campaign for only $67!
- 3 Double-Sided Game Boards (Rust Belt, Western U.S., Southern U.S., Germany, Barbados, and St. Lucia) — all mounted on 2mm thick and durable game board stock
- 3 Display Boards — again mounted on thick, game board stock
- 136 Track Tiles
- 180 Track Ownership disks (6 sets of 20 Track Ownership disks, 5 Player disks, and 5 extra disks for use with expansions, in 6 player colors; blue, green, yellow, pink, gray, and orange)
- 96 Goods cubes (20 red, 20 blue, 20 purple, 20 yellow, 16 black, 14 white)
- 8 New City tiles (1 red, 1 blue, 1 purple, 1 yellow, 4 black)
- 90 Money chips (40x $1, 40x $5, 10x $25) — 22mm, composition material, 1.7g, stack easily
- 1 Turn Track marker — wooden cylinder
- 8 Town disks
- 6 Dice
- 1 Cloth Bag — grey with a gold-stenciled logo
- Rulebook (see below)
As the Conductor, you will receive one (1) copy of Age of Steam: Deluxe Edition PLUS the 18mm Wooden Locomotive Set which features 150 trains (25 in each of the 6 player colors).