Thunderstone returns with Thunderstone Quest. Recruit your heroes, arm your party, then visit the dungeon — and the dungeon has new perils not seen in prior Thunderstone releases. All-new dungeon tiles create new challenges and rewards as you explore deeper and deeper in the dungeon. Each quest brings new dungeons as well as new side adventures!
Thunderstone is a fantasy deck-building game. Each player starts with a basic deck of cards that they can use to purchase, or upgrade to, other, more powerful cards. Thunderstone Quest brings new play modes to the table. The game will tell a specific story with a series of pre-set dungeon tiles, monsters, heroes and support cards. Each will come with a series of mini-adventures and a story booklet that tells players what happens as they progress through the scenarios.
Once players have completed the quests they will be able to enjoy great replay value with the available selection of monsters, heroes, and support cards, as well as the new dungeon tiles, by choosing random set-ups before the start of play. Aside from heroes such as wizards, fighters, rogues, and clerics, cards will include supplies that heroes need like weapons, spells, items, or light to reach further into the dungeon.
The dungeon deck is created by combining several different groups of monsters together. Certain groups of monsters may be more or less susceptible to different hero types, so players have to take this into account when they choose what to buy.
- Really Big Box that holds all Champion content (even sleeved!)
- 5 Quests (each Quest includes approximately 245 cards and 6 Dungeon Tiles [except Ripples in Time which includes 4])
- Over 130 base game cards (starting cards, quest cards, treasure cards, wound cards, key cards, randomizers & dividers)
- Wilderness tile
- Village game board
- 6 plastic Champion figures
- 140 wood tokens
- 5 six-sided dice
- Rule book
- Quest book
- Kickstarter exclusives & extras including The Yellow Knight card & meeple (googly eyes not included)
One of the most requested features from the community was the ability to play the game solo or in a co-operative game. Our team has developed an extension to Thunderstone Quest called Barricades Mode to make that possible.
- 6 Guardian Boards
- [ In ongoing playtesting, Guardian Key cards were removed ]
- 20 damage chits
- 1 Damage chit bag
- 2 Marketplace overlay boards
- 8 Prestige Class boards
- 30 Prestige tokens
- 20 Guardian Dice (D12)
- 1 Threat Level wooden token
- 5 Barricade tokens
- 2 Additional Player Packs (all components required for adding a 5th and 6th player to both Competitive Mode and Barricades Mode)
Quest 6: What Lies Beneath
We area also presenting Quest 6: What Lies Beneath in this campaign. What Lies Beneath is designed to work with Barricades Mode to create a seamless storytelling experience. What Lies Beneath can be played in normal competitive mode too. All of the other Quests will be compatible with Barricades Mode.
- Approximately 245 cards
- 6 Dungeon tiles
- Epic Thunderstone support cards
- Full color storage box (will also hold components from Barricades Mode)