Garphill Games, in association with our international partners are proud to bring you Viscounts of the West Kingdom. This is the third title in the West Kingdom trilogy of games, following on from Architects and Paladins.
Viscounts of the West Kingdom is set at a time when the King’s reign began to decline, circa 980 AD. Choosing peace over prosperity, our once strong King began offering our enemies gold and land to lay down their axes. But peace is a tenuous affair. As poverty spread, many people lost faith in his ability to lead and sought independence from the crown. Since finding favour in his courts, our future has also become uncertain. As viscounts, we must be wise and decisive. Loyalty is to be upheld, but gaining favour among the people must be our priority, should there be a sudden shift in power.
- Unique gameplay experience, blending deck-building, tableau-building and rondel movement, with a lot of interesting and tough decisions to make each turn
- 10 unique Hero characters, more than 60 unique Townsfolk Cards and a modular board, creates a huge amount of depth and replayability
- Multiple paths to victory, due to the 4 unique primary actions, virtue/corruption system and deck-building flexibility
- Positive player interaction, with a lot of off-turn benefits to keep players engaged
- Intuitive and easy to use solo play mode, with 4 unique AIs to compete against
- Over 200 cards, 200 wooden tokens and a 3D castle!
Aim of the Game
The aim of Viscounts of the West Kingdom is to be the player with the most victory points (VP) at game’s end. Points are gained by constructing buildings, writing manuscripts, working in the castle and acquiring deeds for new land. Players begin with a handful of townsfolk, but should quickly seek out more suitable talents to advance their endeavours. Each turn they will be travelling around the kingdom, looking to increase their influence among the various areas of society. The game ends once the Kingdom reaches poverty or prosperity – or potentially both!
Build the kingdom, defend its borders and increase your influence throughout the lands. In the campaign mode, players will be competing in an epic journey to collect the most tomes and earn their place among the chronicles of their people. Alternatively, players may instead band together to take on the ruthless Overlord in separate co-operative modes for each game in the West Kingdom Trilogy.