Paladins of the West Kingdom is set at a turbulent time of West Francia’s story, circa 900 AD. Despite recent efforts to develop the city, outlying townships are still under threat from outsiders. Saracens scout the borders, while Vikings plunder wealth and livestock. Even the Byzantines from the east have shown their darker side. As noble men and women, players must gather workers from the city to defend against enemies, build fortifications and spread faith throughout the land. Fortunately you are not alone. In his great wisdom, the King has sent his finest knights to help aid in our efforts. So ready the horses and sharpen the swords. The Paladins are approaching.
- Unique gameplay experience with interesting and tough decisions to make each round
- 12 unique Paladins and more than 60 Townsfolk and Outsider Cards provide a huge amount of depth and replayability
- Multiple paths to victory, thanks to the Suspicion system, Attribute Tracks and wide array of potential Townsfolk and Outsider combinations
- Just the right amount of player interaction, with no take-that mechanisms
- Intuitive and easy to use solo play mode
- Over 250 cards and 240 wooden tokens
Aim of the Game
The aim of Paladins of the West Kingdom is to be the player with the most victory points (VP) at game’s end. Points are gained by building outposts and fortifications, commissioning monks and confronting outsiders. Each round, players will enlist the help of a specific Paladin and gather workers to carry out tasks. As the game progresses, players will slowly increase their faith, strength and influence. Not only will these affect their final score, but they will also determine the significance of their actions. The game is concluded at the end of the seventh round.
50 metal coins:
Total card counts for sleeving (including promos) :
54 x 86mm – 126 Cards
43 x 67mm – 129 Cards
All components will be upgraded! Linen finish, black core cards, premium wooden tokens, thicker box, thick player boards, solo mode, etc, etc. On top of that, we are also giving away 4 free promo packs with each copy of Paladins (only available at Kickstarter directly or via Grimfield Games):