- This is a new, totally updated edition of Tom Lehmann’s The City
- Now in English for the first time
- Featuring new, beautiful art and graphics by João Tereso
- #21 in the Gryphon Bookshelf Series (GBS)
- 10% off MSRP, + a FREE 33-card expansion, The Expanded City
- Stretch Goals keyed to number of Backers, adding iconic cities and a mini expansion
- Fill out your GBS with great prices on Optional Buys
Players are rival builders racing each other to develop a city by building luxury homes, airports, malls, business centers, etc. Each round, players construct buildings, score victory points, and receive income. Once any player has reached 50 or more victory points, the game ends. The player with the most victory points wins!
The City is a fast-paced, simultaneous-play, filler type race game that typically plays 20-30 minutes and scales well with all numbers of players (ages 10+) ranging from 2 to 5.
What’s New or Changed about Gameplay?
- The Factory (2 copies in the game) adds a new strategy
- 5 cards have been tweaked for better balance and game play
- Victory point chips included for much easier & clearer scoring
The Expanded City – Kickstarter bonus expansion, not included in retail version:
- Adds 33 more cards, including 16 new ones: Neighborhood Pub, Waterfront, Auto Race Track, Tourist Attraction, Church, Fast Food Outlet, Fashion District, Café, Hotel, Upscale Bar, and more!
- Expands the game to 6 players.
- Strengthens «Upscale», «School», and «High Rise» strategies.